Thursday, April 17, 2008

4th Anniversary

Well today is an important day.And no it has nothing to do with anyone of the opposite gender if the title suggests so,regrettably haha.And of course there's nobody whom is close to me who passed away on that day.Rather,it was just one of the things which has happened in my life which I will never forget.That day was the birth of a beautiful friendship.

Honestly,I've just realized it around 2 days ago.I was just doing nothing at that moment when suddenly,a thought crossed my mind.Seriously..I got goosebumps when it dawned upon my mind.I mean..could it really be?Immediately I ran upstairs and i opened up the case.Yeah,the receipt clearly shows that it was close.On the day after tomorrow,on the 17th April 2004.It was the day when my electric guitar,not forgetting the amplifier came into my hands.

The night before I went with my family to the music shop in JJ just to check things out.My dad said it's allright don't rush it we can still head over to KL tomorrow.I remember that morning,the whole gang of us got our behinds anchored onto the innards of my dad's old volvo.We were headed towards KL.My dad's driving,with my godfather seated in front,while the rest of us comprising my bro,my godbrother n I got seated at the back,naturally.And I got myself sandwiched in the middle..the most horrible seat one can get in a car,especially someone who is around my height or taller still.I really cannot comprehend how back in the old days,my bro and I used to bicker over who gets the back middle seat.Ah I've just remembered.It was because of the air-cond haha.

Nway,we just barraged our way through the crazy roads in Kl and its good that we arrived at Bentley without more than 2 hours delay.Man this shop is huge!So many Fenders and Ibanezs.The price tags doesn't help.Prior to the trip,my bro and I agreed with our dad that we would spend less than RM1000 each for our choice.So at that moment all I wanted is a below range Ibanez.I was confused why my godfather and godbrother always looked at me with a kind of look whenever I tested Ibanezs.They said its your choice,choose your own guitar,feel it yourself but of course I took their opinion in mind when they don't seem to like the tone of the low-range Ibanezs i tried.

Later on we went to Woh Fatt somewhere around Jalan Imbi.The shop was filled with Gibsons.At that time I didn't realize why my godfather and godbro can just chatter about it with so much enthusiasm.Like the Fenders.Nway the price tags here made my eyes bulge out even more..So I was just scurrying through running my eyes all over without any expectations of owning any.Again I was asked not to worry and tried a guitar or two.Haha my test songs for this trip were always Megalomaniac and One Last Breath.Kinda funny thinking about it now.I must have played Megalomaniac horribly that time haha.

We then went to Bangsar.KL really feels so big for me at that time.And I remember feeling very bored with all this travelling around.We stopped somewhere near a The Ship outlet where theres a guitar store.In it we saw a nice guitar.It was an Epiphone Les Paul,coloured in brown sunburst.It even has a tremolo bar!My godfather was all for it due to the tremolo bar while my godbro thinks its good but as it will be my guitar I should choose one without any defects.There's no pickguard but my godbro liked that haha.What he didn't fancy were the scratches.Woah it didn't even fell onto my line of sight!Nway we left another guitar store yet again without a guitar in hand.

The next stop is just an ordinary music shop selling mostly pianos with those standard below-range Ibanezs and Squiers one can find in any music store.Left that place in less than 10 minutes.And then we were headed back to Ipoh.My bro decided not to buy any guitars for himself.At this point I kinda felt that all these effort we did are futile.It's good that I was reminded by my godbro that all these will give me the kind of experience and knowledge much needed in every good guitar player who knows his/her stuff.

We went back to the store in JJ.And I saw that there was this guy seated there,trying out a really beautiful electric guitar.That is the Les Paul we saw earlier!With a totally different look to it.It has a cherry sunburst colour and a really cool pickguard.There's no tremolo,but it really looked nice.Waited for the guy to finish with it,then I had a run-thru with it.This time i even played Apache haha.And though i didn't know the difference in tone at that time,this guitar really feels good to me.I liked it.

The price was again high though.It costs Rm1900.Of courselah,I thought dejectedly,it's a great guitar wert.Nway my dad asked whether I liked it or not.I said yeah.What about the amp?Err yeah but its so big.And it costs Rm1800..Then my dad simply paid for both of it.I was ecstatic and I was so happy.I'm grateful to have such wonderful parents and I really appreciate his way of showing me that he loves me.And yeah I'm really thankful for my godfather n godbro who followed us the whole day literally and it really is a plus that they know the owner of the JJ guitar store so my dad got a 10% discount!

Haha this post is extremely long.Must be kinda boring.Well I brought the guitar here with me today.It really is great but well that's another story.Argh im itching to play so til then!

Me with the guitar 4 years ago(no camera to take a new photo..)

No comments: